In this argumentative essay I will talk about my thoughts concerning why we should use ICT tools in education. ICT stands for Information and communications technology and in this case it means that you integrate particularly computers in your education. I will argue for ICT tools in primary education.
We live in a different society from what we did ten years ago. Now almost every family has technology as television, computer and mobile phones at home. Children have their own mobile phone where they can play games, surf on internet, take pictures, write message etc. I think it’s time to bring ICT in to the school and use it in education because the children are familiar with it and they think it is fun to use.
In the school curriculum (Lgr11 p.14) it stands that one goal is that the pupils can use modern technology as a tool for knowledge, communication, creativity and learning. Since this is in the curriculum goals, I don’t understand why we should not use ICT.
To use the computer as a supplement to textbooks and hand-writing education can stimulate the pupils and get them interested in what they learn. For example, don’t you think some pupils think that playing a math game on the computer will be more fun than to work in a math book? At least I think so and I believe that some pupils learn better that way.
In my arguments I’ve argued for ICT tools in primary education. I think it is something we should work with more, and to vary the ICT tools with textbooks and hand-writing.
Very good!!! Just a few things:
SvaraRadera"Now almost every family has technology as television, computer(s) and mobile phones at home."
" surf on internet" isn´t it - suft on the internet??
"write message" messages
" time to bring ICT in to the school" NOT the school, just school (No article in English: expressions with nouns designating places for human activiteies)
"In the school curriculum (Lgr11 p.14) it stands that one goal is that the pupils can use..." In school curriculum (Lgr11 p.14) one goal is that pupils can use..
" To use the computer as a supplement to textbooks and hand-writing education can stimulate the pupils and..." To use computer as a supplement to textbooks and hand-writing education can stimulate pupils and..
It looks like a lot I know but I don´t know how to explain where in the text I mean so I just copy the text. But I was impressed by your text, it was good.
I think it looks really good. And Therese has covered almost everything. I just think that the last sentence sounds a bit strange. Perhaps something like this: I think ICT is something we should work with more as a variety to textbooks and hand-writing. But I might have changed your meaning (just look and see what you think).
SvaraRaderaI think it looks good! But I think you say: Surf the Internet, I don't think you need "on".
SvaraRaderaYou also mix it is with it's.